Antiquarian & Secondhand Booksellers

Address: Carlton View, 17 Main Street, Normanton-on-Cliffe, Grantham, Lincs., NG32 3BH, England
Tel: +44(0)1400 251865  |  Email: bib@forestbooks.co.uk

Book Details


TRADE CATALOGUE. [SILBER & FLEMING]. Illustrated Pattern-Book of Sterling Silver and Electro-Plated Goods, Watches, Clocks, Bronzes and Optical Goods, Mechanical Figures, Musical Boxes, Pianos, Harmoniums, Organs, and Musical Instruments, Lamps and Chandeliers, Table Glass, Coloured Glass Ware, China and Earthenware, Art Pottery Goods, Dinner, Dessert, Tea and Breakfast Services, Chamber and Sanitary Ware, General Ironmongery, Cutlery, Tools, Household and Labour-Saving Machinery, Agricultural Implements, Heating and Cooking Stoves and Fire-Places, Guns and Pistols, Carriages, Carts, Waggons, Saddlery, Stable Fittings, Whips, Sticks, and Umbrellas, Leather Goods, Travelling Requisites, Albums, Japanese Goods, in and Out-Door Games and Toys, Bicycles, Tricycles, Etc. Section II.1880

[London: J. S. Virtue and Co., Ltd, Folio (370 x 270 mm) [6], 321-722pp., frontispiece showing the premises in Wood Street, numerous colour lithograph and chromolithographed plates, illustrations, a few margins close-trimmed, one or two plates with frayed fore-edges and reinforced with sellotape at gutter, hinges tender, orig. black cloth, lettered in gilt, some damp-staining to covers, spine worn. Section II of an exceptionally well-illustrated trade catalogue, including every conceivable item from ladies sterling tortoise-shell and mother-of-pearl card cases to horse harnesses, bicycles to English Majolica ware. Although no maker's name appears on the board, the trade mark, that was registered on the 22nd October 1880, clearly identifies the manufacturer as Silber & Fleming of 56, Wood Street, Cheapside, London. The initials within the trade mark 'AMS' are those of sole proprietor of this business Albert Marcius Silber. The Wood Street premises of Silber & Fleming were destroyed by fire in December 1882 and rebuilt by 1884. They became a limited liability company in 1886 and were acquired in 1898 by Faudel Phillips & Sons in 1898.

Stock #36265

£750.00 order » / enquire »


Back to results